- Male Redstart in hedge around larger horse pasture visible from the brick bridge (Gypsy Lane) at the southwest corner of Windmill Pool. I had a female in this same hedge last autumn, so evidently they like it.
- Two Oystercatchers flying around the two main pools, briefly settling on one of the reed islands, then heading off over Terry's Pool.
- A Yellow Wagtail flew straight over Engine Pool.
- Three Rooks (finally) over Springbrook Lane area.
Saturday, 14 April 2012
Saturday, 7 April 2012
St Patrick’s Church,
“A striking & unexpected accent in a wholly rural landscape” (Quote from English Heritage)
In 2011, St Patrick’s Church,
Bank Holiday Monday 9th April
Visitors will be welcome between 10am-4pm. There will be
· accompanied tours
· a chance to sit quietly
· the Millennium Tapestry to see
· wildflowers in our churchyard conservation area
· books for sale
· refreshments to enjoy.
Car parking is available in the car park, 100m along from the church
Contact phone number:
Barbara Philp 07734 228500