- 26th: 1 Common Gull, 7 Herring Gulls, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 6 Tufted Ducks, 1 Kingfisher and 1 Grey Wagtail all at Engine Pool. Dead Hedgehog along Norton Lane unusual given the time of year!
- 27th: A Water Rail, 3 Pochards, 12 Tufted Ducks, 2 Mute Swans, 1 Kingfisher and 13 Long-tailed Tits at Engine Pool. Kevin Bates also saw a few Redwings and Goldfinches around the lakes.
- 28th: 3 Shovelers and a Kingfisher at Engine Pool, plus 2 Mute Swans and 13 Tufted Ducks at Windmill Pool. Tony Philp also saw 2 Pochards. [I went with John Yardley to Holt Fleet in Worcestershire to see the Glossy Ibis - a brilliant bird that gave good views; we also saw a Green Sandpiper, a Water Rail and 2 Snipes there.]
- 29th: 2 Mute Swans, 9 Tufted Ducks and 3 Pied Wagtails at Engine Pool. Tony Philp also saw a Grey Wagtail at Windmill Pool; whilst another regular told me he'd seen 2 Pochards and a male Wigeon at the lakes earlier during the morning.
- 30th: After finishing my tetrad survey nearby for the bird atlas, heard a Raven over Fulford Heath, and saw a Goldcrest and a Coal Tit in New Fallings Coppice. There were 3 Mute Swans at Engine Pool, including a newly arrived first-winter. Totals of 9 Tufted Ducks, 2 Treecreepers (together) and 8 Redwings noted.
- 31st: A Kestrel (over), 3 Mute Swans still, 9 Tufted Ducks and 3 Pied Wagtails at Engine Pool. Kevin Bates also saw a Bullfinch.
May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who's sent sightings to me since I set this blog up; you know who you are. Have a happy New Year, and good birding for 2010.