Saturday 11 July 2009

A date for your diary

The RSPB Solihull Local Group have announced that there will be a morning walk around Earlswood Lakes and the surrounding woods later this year on Saturday 14th November. Meet at Malthouse Lane car park (see map below) at 10:00 am. Contact details and further info can be found at http://www.rspb.org.uk/groups/solihull/events. I'll put a reminder on this blog closer to the time.

Back in late 2002 or early 2003 (before I got into birding properly), my late Dad and I went on one of these walks with the group around the lakes and we enjoyed it, even though I don't think my Dad had a pair of bins and I may only have had my first pair of bins to take at the time, which have hardly any magnification and are made of metal! Anyway, good times!

M.P. Griffiths

No comments: