Saturday 6 June 2009

6th June 2009

After much rain today, I cycled to the lakes during the late afternoon. From the Malthouse Lane causeway, I saw 7 Common Terns, 50+ Swallows, 30+ House Martins, 8+ Swifts and 1 Jay (over Windmill Pool). After all the recent dry weather we've been having, I'd noticed that the water levels of the lakes had been falling and was hoping that the Engine Pool island would soon be uncovered; therefore I was a little disappointed to see quite a lot of water coming over the weir from Terry's Pool into Engine Pool.
M.P. Griffiths

P.S. Apologies for the lateness of the previous three posts. I've been pretty busy lately, and one of the things I've been doing is writing something about Earlswood for the WMBC Bulletin. For the next two weeks, I'm afraid that I may only be able to visit Earlswood during the weekends - would still appreciate people sending me their sightings though.

No comments: