I then spent much of the rest of the day pedalling around the Earlswood area, and even ventured to Umberslade for the first time, but no swans were seen anywhere :-(
Highlights in Earlswood area:
- Umberslade Road (Earlswood): 1 Goldcrest, 1 Treecreeper, 1 Nuthatch, 1 Jay.
- Earlswood Common: 22 Redwings, 2 Fieldfares and a number of other birds in a horse pasture - good field.
- Earlswood STW: 1 Grey Wagtail, 4th Treecreeper.
- Terry's Green: a Buzzard on telegraph wire along Small Lane let me cycle within 10 metres passed it without taking off.
- Forshaw Heath: 34 Fieldfares and a few Redwing moved through, plus 2 female Common Pheasants in a field.