Saturday 23 January 2010

23rd January 2010

Went down in the afternoon. 6+ Goosanders, 3 Great Spotted Woodpeckers and 3 Pochards all on Terry's Pool.
Kevin Bates

---

Was able to spend about 10 minutes at the lakes during the early morning. I saw a Kestrel hovering over the Hungry Horse field, whilst at Engine Pool the Great Crested Grebe was still present and 6 Goosanders flew over.

My mom then dropped me off at Blythe Valley CP, where six of us continued work on the nestbox project and have now almost finished all that needs to be done on-site before the breeding season. Whilst with Humphrey Miller and Mike Chadwick, Mike spotted a Woodcock in flight, which all three of us saw and was a lifer for me.

Humphrey kindly dropped me off at the lakes, and at Terry's Pool I saw 5 Goosanders and 3 Pochards. At Engine Pool, saw 14 Tufted Ducks and 5 Mute Swans. A Goldcrest was heard in the spruces in Mereside Pools.

M.P. Griffiths

No comments: